People with Lyme disease, short bowel syndrome, immune deficiency, multiple sclerosis, chronic infections, cancer, late stage heart disease, or chronic pain may require intravenous medications on an ongoing basis.
Your physician decides whether treatment is best in a hospital, clinic, or at home. An infusion therapy provider, such as One Source Homecare helps to continue the patient's care outside the hospital. One Source Homecare Pharmacy compounds the medication prescribed by the doctor, and then a registered nurse either administers the medication to the patient or teaches the patient self-administration. Our registered nurse, dietitian and pharmacist work together with you and your physician to develop a care plan that ensures proper medication use.
Home Infusion Therapy can help to avoid or shorten costly hospital stays, and/or trips to the hospital for outpatient infusion therapy. Our expert staff of clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and reimbursement specialists provide the same high quality care, medications, and reimbursement services as your hospital. We offer you and your family the clinical care necessary to make your infusion therapy go smoothly and keep you as independent as possible.
Some of our most common infusion therapy services include:
- IV antibiotics (most commonly used at home)
- Factor replacement therapy for hemophilia
- Parenteral and enteral nutrition immunoglobulin, intravenous, and subcutaneous
- Hepatitis therapy
- Biologic agents, also called immune modulators
- Inotropic therapy for late stage heart failure
- Pain management, including intravenous and subcutaneous infusions
- Tysabri® and steroid for multiple sclerosis
- Maintenance and medication refills for implantable pumps
- Specialized line placement, such as midline and PICC insertions
Here are some of the many ways we can help:
- Offer complex treatments with any medication ordered by your doctor
- Provide 24-hour emergency service
- Coordinate medical benefits and insurance programs
- Navigate Medicaid & Medicare's special programs and guidelines
- Schedule appointments to provide the least disruption to your life
Many healthcare practitioners state that home is the best place for a patient to heal. At home, the patient can be surrounded with family and friends who can take part in the healing process. We can help caregivers, parents, and patients to provide the specialized care that they or their loved ones need.
One Source Homecare exists to help families like yours. We strive to provide you with professionals you can trust to treat your loved ones with competence and caring.
Our nurses are trained in various specialties, such as pediatric, oncology, and geriatric care as well as infusion. They are experienced in meeting the unique care requirements of all ages and specific disease states, within the home environment. We also work closely with discharge planners, case managers, and social workers in order to bring your loved ones home. We are preferred providers of many HMOs and insurance companies, which helps expedite nursing care.
One Source Homecare works with accredited homecare agencies in the area and is dedicated to providing the highest quality equipment and services to our patients. Ameritech Homecare Services combines professional services with high quality products to assure full support of your homecare needs during convalescence.
Objectives of Homecare Agency Include:
- The provision of skilled professional home healthcare to patients in their place of residence.
- Teaching patients and their caregivers’ self-care.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary services.
- Collaborating with the family physician and the patient in the plan of care.
- Advocating for the patient in the self determination of care.
Criteria for Admission to Homecare:
- Patient must be under the supervision of a physician who will participate in the care plan on a continuous basis.
- Patient has need for intermittent skilled service.
- Patient must be a resident in one of the counties we service.
- Patient must be able to be safely cared for at home, based on a home care assessment by a registered nurse.
For Physicians & Discharge Planners
When you refer a patient to One Source Homecare, we become a member of your team. We will provide the same level of commitment and quality care that you do. Our infusion therapy services are delivered to the location you recommend, whether it is the patient's home, infusion center, or your office. Office infusion services allow you to add practice revenue while closely managing patient care.
Following a clinical multidisciplinary approach, our nursing, pharmacy, and nutrition staff are consistent in communication to provide the best infusion therapy possible.
Here are some additional ways we can help:
- Individualized clinical care and education plan for each patient
- Clinical laboratory monitoring
- Medication reconciliation
- "First Dose At Home" program
- PICC insertions
- Continuity of care with nursing, pharmacy, and dietitian reports
- Physician follow-ups by nurse and pharmacy managers upon request
- Written protocols for the safe administration of infused drugs
- 24-hour on-call nursing and pharmacy support
- Updates on emerging medications, drug shortages, and drug recalls
We also offer worry-free financial services by providing you with a dedicated One Source manager to handle insurance coverage and reimbursement. Designed with customized Pro Forma financial modeling and/or payment terms to support any of your pharmacy and nursing needs.